African Art Lesson Conclusion
Follow up Questions:
1) How is African Art different from Western Art?
2) Why is it difficult to make general statements about African Art?
3) What are three different forms of African
4) How heavy could the masks be?
5) What were the uses of masks in African Cultures?
6) What did a rough finished mask represent?
7) What did African Sculpture look like?
8) How did tribes regulate their art and keep it having similar characteristics?
9) What are some of the later art movements which were influenced by African Art?
10)What was your favorite piece of African Art? Why?
11) What was your least favorite Art piece? Why?
14) How realistic were the sculptures of people?
15) Why do you think the Africans made their art pieces for practical uses.
More on African Art
Govignon, Brigitte (1995) The Beginner's Guide to Art, Harry N. Abrams, Inc.
Hughes, Robert (1974) Legacies of the Dance, Time Magaizine June, 24th
Strickland, Carol, Boswell, John (1992) The Anotated Mona Lisa, John Boswell Management, Inc.