Roman Art Lesson Conclusion
The following is the conclusion of the Roman Art Lesson. Follow-up questions and additional links are included for more study and illustrations, as well as a bibliography of sources used in lesson.
Other Sites to Visit:
Flon, Christine (1998). The World Atlas of Architecture, Chancellor Press.
Govignon, Brigitte (1995). The Beginners Guide to Art, Harry N Abrams, Inc., Publishers.
Marceau, Jo (editor), (1997). Art A World History, DK Publishing.
Silvers, Larry (1993). Art In History, Abbeville Press.
Wood, Michael, (1989). Art of the Western World Vol. 1&2 (Video Tape), Educational Broadcasting Corporation
Questions to Consider
1) What type of materials did the Romans use in their sculpture?
2) Who were the subjects of most Roman sculptures?
3) What was one of the most famous inventions of Roman Architecture?
4) Which sculptures do you like better, the Greek or the Roman? Why?
5) How does the sculpture of the Romans reflect their culture?
6) How important was the invention of the arch? What affect did it have on later generations?